First of all, we just wanted to say THANK YOU for your patience.
It’s been an unusual time not seeing clients face to face, and we’ve missed you all!
It’s been a tough time for everyone in many different ways.
We truly hope that you and your family are safe and coping with this unique situation.
As a clinic, we closed for the community’s safety.
We’re re-opening because we have…
- More understanding of how the virus is transmitted
- Personal Protective Equipment available if required (masks)
- A thorough procedure in place to maximise safety, and
- Confidence in the clinical statistics thanks to rigorous community testing in Victoria.
Things have changed since lockdown.
You will need to remember this number – 34.
Our biggest change is all appointments will now be from our Geelong West Clinic at 34 Shannon Ave, Geelong West.
For over 3 years, we have provided some of our services from the rooms at Claridge Naturopathics in Newtown.
We would like to thank the team at Claridge Naturopathics and acknowledge all of the support they have given us over this time, we really appreciate it.
We’ve consolidated to our Geelong West clinic.
This change has happened quickly.
We are sure you will notice improvements to our clinic each time you visit.
Our aim is to make visiting our Osteopaths as risk free and efficient as possible, while continuing to deliver a quality service.
Consolidating comes with benefits as we move toward ‘COVID normal’.
Working from one location gives us focus.
It allows us to strictly control the cleanliness our clinic environment, our hygiene procedures and who enters our premises.
- You can now contact us directly on 52294420
- We have 2 consultation rooms
- It makes communication easier and collaboration with other health care practitioners streamlined.
- It allows us to have more flexibility in our open hours.
Our new set up is extremely hygienic
Everyone who has seen us so far has commented on just how clean, and efficient our consultation process is.
- We are safety screening all clients prior to appointments
- We don’t have a waiting room, instead we ask that you wait in your car until we invite you in via SMS
- The practitioner greets you at the door and guides you into the room, reducing the number of surfaces you touch
- Treatment room surfaces are disinfected between clients
- We can open our windows to ventilate the room between clients
- All linen (towels and gowns) are single use
- Quality medical grade face covers are used on our treatment table
- Disposable face masks are available should you require one
- Return bookings and payment are efficiently completed in the room, no need to wait for reception
- All of our practitioners have taken additional training in Hand Hygiene and the Australian Government COVID-19 training
- Our practitioners have access to a medical grade hands free wash basin in the treatment room
- Our practitioners have access to all of the hygiene equipment that they may require (gloves, disposable face masks, antiseptic wipes, disinfectant wipes and hand sanitiser)
It’s the least we can do for you.
A few final updates:
The booking schedule for the next month will look slightly different as we transition.
Cailin is waiting until after the birth of his first child before he returns to hands on treatment – he wants to make sure he is in 110% health so that he can be there for the special birthday!
Cailin will still be available through Telehealth video consultations. If you need a hands on treatment in the meantime, Dave, Celeste and Jackie are available to help out.
Alternatively, you can choose to go on a waiting list for when Cailin returns (late June) – call us on 52294420
Jackie is currently limiting her travel from Melbourne in the next few weeks to one day per week, on Thursdays.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Hopefully we’ll see you again real soon 🙂
We look forward to it!
The Osteopaths Geelong West
David Birley, Jackie Kovacev, Cailin Mellberg and Celeste Blake