Dear valued clients,
Firstly, we hope this finds you all in good health, a calm mind and with an adequate supply of toilet paper. We would like to provide an update in regard to the measures we are taking to maximise the health and wellbeing of our clients and practitioners:
- All practitioners have completed a government approved certificate in ‘the 5 moments of hand hygiene’.
- All clients are being screened by SMS or phone before they present to the clinic.
- We are practicing social distancing of 1.5m where possible (e.g. taking your history), and altering our treatment techniques accordingly.
- We have new table face covers that offer a greater level of protection.
- All surfaces are cleaned with a disinfectant between clients.
- Waiting room areas are cleaned several times per day.
- Practitioners are aware of hygiene around reception duties and money handling.
- All linen is dried in the sun and then heat treated in the dryer.
- Hand sanitiser is available for all clients to use, or hand-washing facilities if you prefer.
- We have information regarding how and when to self-isolate.
- We have an adequate supply of toilet paper.
Screening Procedure Part 1:
Our current screening procedure is changing daily, based on advice from the Australian Government Department of Health and health experts. Our screening procedure also reflects our own research given recent exposure sites in Geelong and Victoria. This screening procedure also applies to our practitioners – we are all in this together.
Here is the text message you will receive before attending your appointment (as of 16.03.2020):
As part of our duty of care, The Osteopaths are now screening clients prior to appointments. Can you please confirm for tomorrows appointment: – You are in good health with no signs of cold or flu. – Your workplace has taken measures to protect you from exposure to Coronavirus. – You have not been exposed to a known or suspected case of Coronavirus. – You have not travelled by airplane domestically in the past 14 days. – You have not travelled internationally in the past 24 days. – You have not travelled on the V-line Geelong to Southern Cross train in the past 14 days.
If you can confirm all of these statements, please respond with a ‘C’.
If not please contact us on 5229 4420 ASAP to discuss.
Screening Procedure Part 2:
On attending your appointment, you will then be screened again with the following questions (as of 16.03.2020):
Questions to be asked at the start of every consultation: – Are you aware of the current risk of coronavirus in the community. – Can you please confirm that you are not immune compromised. – Can you please confirm that you do not pose any known risk of spreading Coronavirus, through exposure, your workplace or recent travel. – Can you please confirm that you are feeling well before we proceed with treatment.
If anyone does not pass this screening process, they will not be treated in our clinic.
As a team, we have created a document that supports best practice in regards to consultation process and hygiene, to ensure that we are all following the same process.
Finally, it is important that we continue to look out for each other. We will continue to stay open for appointments, unless the Australian Government Department of Health advises otherwise.
If you are unable to attend the clinic, please contact us by phone so that we can continue to assist you in your health care. We are preparing to launch video streaming so that we can continue consultations in some capacity should we be forced to close, or you are unable to visit.
We thank you for your understanding as we venture in this time of uncertainty. Most importantly remember to spread kindness, compassion and look after your family and community.