One of the major skills we have is to “see” and “listen” to the problem that you’re having, and using experience, give you the best course of action.
This can be done regardless of being in our clinic room.
Online rehab programs are backed by research that shows it being as effective as an in person consult in managing musuloskeletal injuries such as:
- low back pain
- neck pain
- knee injuries
- shoulder injuries
- tendon issues
There is a common misconception that Osteopathy can only be delivered in person and it may surprise you just how effective our online programs can be.
You can see the process in this short video:
Our Online Video Consultations are ideal for people who:
- Are “stuck” working from home
- Are “stuck” going to school from home!
- Want an easy to do program that can really help reduce pain
- Don’t want to risk their health by venturing into a clinic that cannot guarantee 100% sterility
- Would like to access an Osteopath but live rurally or away from our services
- Are unable to attend our clinic through injury or incapacity
- Don’t like physical touch
- Are seeking a second opinion on a diagnosis they’ve been given by another clinician
- Are confused about what’s going on because they’ve googled too much about their symptoms!
What kind of injuries do we see in our Online Video Consultations?
- Knee pain
- Shoulder pain
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Hip injuries
- Achilles tendinitis/ tendinopathy
- Elbow pain
- Muscle tears
- Chronic pain
- Muscle weakness
- Pregnancy Related Pain
- Posture related pain
- And many many more injuries
What happens during an online video consultation?
Step 1: We LISTEN to you.
Step 2: We get you to perform very specific movements to “narrow down” what could be going on.
Step 3: We advise you on the best course of action, which may be a program, or may be a referral, or something else.
Step 4: If you need a movement based program, we can build this for you, and deliver it to you via an app.
Step 5: We can check in with you on your progress over a defined amount of time.
It works amazingly well, and is as secure as you can get, with each video call link specific to you.
Here’s What YOU Do:
What Equipment Do You Need?
- Have a computer, laptop, tablet or smart phone that has a working video camera and in built microphone
- Find a quiet place in your home to do the consultation without distraction – preferably with good light.
- Have enough room to do basic movements and your exercises
- Wear appropriate flexible clothes so that you can move easily and so that we can easily see the injured area, and preferably in a contrasting colour to the background. E.g. wear a darker colour if your walls are white.
How Do I Book An Online Video Consultation?
Your initial consult is FREE.
Once your session is booked, you will receive an appointment confirmation email that will also contain a unique secure link to your Video Consultation.
Just click on the link at the time of your appointment. No need to download any software, no usernames, no passwords and no access codes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What are the prices of an online video consultations?
- Our initial consultation is free!
- If you require a program to be created by us after this first appointment, there is an $89 fee that covers the creation of the program, one months access, and your next consultation.
- If you just require a follow up standard consultations are $59
2. How do I pay for my online video consultation?
(For appointments other than the initial consultation) If you book your appointment online then you’ll see a pre payment option.
If we book your appointment on your behalf, you’ll be emailed a link that will allow you to pay securely with any credit card, apple pay or google pay.
3. Can I claim my private health insurance for online video consultations?
At the time of writing (April 16th 2020), some private health insurance companies do cover online Osteopathic sessions as long as these criteria are met:
- The person received some Osteopathic treatment in prior 6 months
- New patients would require a referral from their GP or specialist surgeon or sports physician
- That the main issue being managed is either for post operative rehabilitation or a chronic musculoskeletal injury
- That the online consultations are performed before 30th September 2020
Please call your individual fund so that you know exactly, as there are many different funds out there!
4. Can I claim Medicare for my online video consultation?
If you have a current and valid Enhanced Primary Care (EPC)/ Chronic Disease Management (CDM) referral for us from your GP, 5 of your online osteopathic sessions can be covered in full by Medicare.
5. Is my online video consultation covered by work cover?
At the time of writing (April 16th 2020), most work cover companies are covering the full cost of an online video consultation but we recommend that you check with your work cover company first to make sure before booking with us.
6. Do I need a referral for my online Osteopathic Consultation?
The only time you would need a GP referral for an online Osteopathic video consultation would be if you were coming for a Medicare EPC consultation .